August 20, 2011

Painted Kitchen!

To be honest, we painted out kitchen a couple months ago, but that was pre-blog days and so I thought I'd share about it anyways.
When I met my husband and was at his house the first time ever, probably over 2 1/2 years ago now (long before we were dating), it was for a pumpkin carving party. We (those of us who were there) got the tour of the house. I remember noticing then the wallpaper in the kitchen and how I didn't like it.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pre-paint pictures, but I have some in progress that let you see what the wallpaper was like. There was a border around the top of the room as well.

So here we are, 2 1/2 years later and I'm married to the guy, moved into his/our house, and could finally get rid of the wallpaper! Yay!
After looking through an entire book of paint chips and choosing 3 samples, we picked a color.
We probably finished the project sometime in May/June, but it was in  early July I think that I was able to go back through and do all the touch-up work that I wanted. Unfortunately, these pictures are not that great and don't do the new paint job justice at all :( Pre-painting the kitchen also had mini aluminum blinds which neither of us really liked. We added nice new, white, faux wood blinds as well. In the 2nd picture you can also see the nice, big curtain in front of our patio door that we recently put up. It is a much needed and much liked replacement for the vertical slats that used to cover the patio door!
Here's my new kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment