January 10, 2013

More Christmas Cookies!

I realize it's after Christmas. And I'm just now finishing up my Christmas cookies with you. Hopefully you can rejoin the Christmas spirit a little and appreciate them. If your one of those who can't stand anything Christmas outside of the traditional Christmas season, then feel free to leave this blog post to read until next December. :)

This is my first Christmas season as a cookie decorator! There are so many options and directions to go in when it comes to Christmas cookies. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do (since doing everything I liked and wanted would have impossible-there's always next year!).

When it comes to designing cookies, I have a couple different methods. I'm constantly reading other cookie decorator blogs and pinning their cookies, so some ideas come from them. Most of the time though, I try to google things or switch their things up to be original. however, with Christmas cookies, as I looked through past cookie decorators, not only had many ideas already been done, but I loved them! I couldn't help but imitate some of my favorites. I will put links up to show you where the idea came from when applicable.

These went out as Christmas gifts in several different directions-some were mailed and some were packaged in tins or boxes and given away. I didn't think to take any pictures though.

Beware, there are lots of pictures in this one.

I was actually given this snowflake cookie cutter as a gift from my awesome step sister-in-law just 2 days before I used it for these cookies!


Do these look familiar? yes, they are the same style as the last Christmas trees I did. I loved how they looked so much that I stuck with them. The idea for these came from Cookie Crazie.



The idea for these fun present cookies came from Ali Bee's Bake Shop.

These cookies were a take off of LilaLoa's snowflakes here.

The idea for these cute little snowglobes originated with Pemberly bake shop.

These pretty poinsettia cookies are knock-offs of Sweet Sugarbelle's cookies.







No comments:

Post a Comment